Monday, August 22, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup


When I get a craving for soup, I make it, and I make a ton! To freeze or distribute at will...

You can use leftover chicken, or bake 2 pounds of chicken thighs (they're the best!) or like me, cheat and get 2 roaster chickens from the grocery!

2 pounds of chicken or two roaster chickens
1 Bunch of carrots, chopped
1 Bunch of celery, chopped
1 Large onion, chopped
1 Bag frozen corn
10 cups of chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients in a stockpot and simmer for 1 hour, serve with your choice of noodle! Easy Peasy!

*You'll notice I didn't say anything about the "Noodle" portion.  I make my noodles separately and then add them when I'm ready to eat.  It works out nicely when you want to freeze the soup!  Buon appetito!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...