Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Succotash

I thought I hated lima beans and then I tried this. It comes from an unlikely source; a baby food book. We had no food in our house except for baby food, and as I was preparing this for Clare, I was overcome by how good it smelled. So I mustered up the confidence to try lima beans again, tasted it, and now I'm hooked. I doubled the recipe to serve as a family side dish.

If you make this for baby food, you can serve it to babies 10 months and up as finger food, or mashed up. If food allergies run in your family, you may want to delay introducing corn until your baby is 1 year old.

Ingredients:
1 T. unsalted butter
1 c. frozen lima beans, defrosted
1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. paprika
1/2 c. chicken broth

How:
In a saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add beans, corn, salt and paprika and saute for about 3 minutes. Then add the chicken broth, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until beans and corn are tender.

Enjoy!

~original recipe from Cooking for Baby: Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious foods for 6 to 18 months by Lisa Barnes
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...